Jetfire is dual licensed. It is available with a GNU GPL (v3)
or a commercial license. The commercial license provides extra features and support. The core Jetfire client software (client Nexus
) is identical regardless of the type of license.
A Jetfire commercial license provides the following extra features.
- The ability to incorporate Jetfire in other commercial products.
- The ability to re-brand Jetfire.
- Web Parts (Web Parts codeplex site)
- An enhanced Nexus Server
- Software is licensed for 2 servers (development and production).
- Enhanced security features using roles.
- Role management
- Finner security granularity with the ability to apply security features to field level of objects.
- Ability describe objects as Read Only.
- Transparently from the Jetfire language perform server based searching using Linq constructs.
- In the open source version the objects must be cached in client in order to perform searches.
- Ability to handle a much larger number of workflows
- Audit records and reporting tools
- Silverlight client
- Includes source code and test suite.
- Direct support.
A distribution license provides commercial license features on multiple Nexus servers